Friday, April 17, 2015

I Have a Patreon Now


Patreon is weird.  It feels like asking for money for something that I already enjoy doing for for free.  And money is awkward to talk about.  Filthy lucre, and all that.

But as a few people have suggested that I get a Patreon account, I've starting thinking about it more seriously.

Right now, blogging is just something I do when I have nothing better to do.  It's an idle activity, and when I'm bored it's sort of a toss-up between blogging about D&D and playing Candy Crush.  Fun, but not a high priority.

So this is sort of a test run.  I want to see how much interest there is in my brain, and what its worth to people.  If you love my blog and want to see me make more of it, this is the opportunity to support more of my ideas, better written.  PDFs instead of notes.  Heck, I might even write a book.

I've put a lot of good content on this blog over the years.  If you've gotten any use out of it, I hope you'll consider pledging some cents per post.  It's an incentive for both of us.

Also, I just learned this, but you can also set monthly maximum contribution, so don't worry about me suddenly churning out 50 posts a month.  Besides, I would get carpal tunnel and my hands would explode.  I'd have to roll dice with my mouth, and that'd be gross.  No one wants that.

But if you want to support this blog, click this next image.


Mostly this is to support Goblin Punch writing better posts and putting out free PDFs, but other rewards include getting an NPC named after you in my list of awesome NPCs, discounts on any book I may publish, and getting to boss me around regarding what sort of posts you want me to write.

I have been humbled by the reception that my blog has gotten so far.  Thank you for all of your support.

1 comment:

  1. I saw that you were on google plus so I assumed you worked for google :)

    ReplyDelete